Vessel + Candle Care
WOOD WICK TIPS FOR BEST PERFORMANCE:
- Trim a wooden wick to 1/8” – 3/16” and not any longer before you light your candle. Wick Trimmers or Nail Trimmers work great for trimming. Proper wick length will lead to a more consistent flame and clean burn.
- Burn for 2 - 4 hours maximum at a time.
- Follow all of the standard candle burning safety guidelines. See safety label on bottom of candle.
- These three steps will help extend the life span of your candle.
- If the wick is too long, the wax will not fuel the wick, and the flame will dim or even extinguish.
- If the flame gets smaller, it is likely due to ash build-up. Once you remove the ash, the flame comes right back to life.
WHY A WOODEN WICK?
Wooden wicks are the Queen of clean burning candle wicks. Additionally, the crackling further enhances the natural element and ambiance.
Each concrete vessel is handcrafted and will contain slight imperfections due to the handmade nature of the products. Small air bubbles and difference in colour tones are common. A non-toxic, natural earth mineral powder pigment is mixed in by hand.
Each piece is sealed with walnut oil and carnauba wax. Carnauba wax is a non-toxic, food safe, water-repellent soapstone sealant. This helps protect the candle wax from leaking through the interior, as well as protects the exterior from oils and finger prints absorbing into the vessel. Avoid submerging in water. After you've enjoyed your candle - reuse your vessel as a plant pot.
HOW TO CLEAN OUT YOUR VESSEL INSTRUCTIONS:
Place empty vessel in your oven and heat up to 220F for 10 mins or until remaining wax is melted. Using oven mitts, pour left over wax into a wax warmer or small container. Use a warm damp paper towel to wipe the remaining wax residue. Once vessel is back to room temperature, fill with soil and cover your seeds with 1/8 inch layer of soil or propagate your favourite succulent. Add water + sunlight. Enjoy :)